Buddha – Handcrafted Figurine
Handmade Buddha in Felt and cotton, makes a perfect gift for yourself or your loved ones. Eco-friendly & 100% handcrafted in a home with lots of love and care.
Buddha, born with the name Siddhartha Gautama, was a teacher, philosopher and spiritual leader who is considered the founder of Buddhism. He lived and taught in the region around the border of modern-day Nepal and India sometime between the 6th to 4th century B.C. The name Buddha means “one who is awakened” or “the enlightened one”
Fun Facts about Buddha:
1. The 3 major tenets Buddha taught his followers were not to be ignorant, never hate , and not get angry
2. Originally born a wealthy prince, on seeing poverty and sickness beyond his palace walls, he dropped his birth name, Siddhartha Gautama and renounced everything to pursue the path of truth
3. A few days after his birth, it was predicted by a wise old man that he would later become a great king or a saint that would change the world
4. Buddha was not chubby as many depictions make him appear– he’s mainly portrayed that way as it’s symbolic of happiness in the east. He practiced moderation in all things, fasted regularly, and spent most of his time walking hundreds of miles spreading the philosophy of enlightenment
5. Buddha treated women equally. Most monastic orders, especially at that time, did not allow females to participate. But Buddha did, a stark contrast to the male-dominated exclusive Brahman caste system of India
To achieve enlightenment, Young Siddhartha vowed to sit under a fig tree and meditate until he transcended suffering. At the end of an extremely long meditation and mental battle with Mara (the god of desire), he became awakened and was then known as the Buddha. He devised “The Middle Way” to enlightenment…. a balanced approach that emphasized inward rather than outward renunciation
Material : Felt, Cotton, recycled fiber fill
Size : 8.5" Height
Care: Gently hand wash separately
Made of material consciously procured from select stock fabric overruns, this creation has helped reduce manufacturing pressure on our beautiful planet earth!
Part of the Amaryn collection and handcrafted with love by underprivileged women upskilled by SVATANYA. By buying it, you become a part of SVATANYA family and contribute towards our Goal of helping marginalized women get financially empowered