Shiva – Handcrafted Figurine
Handmade Shiva in Felt, cotton, silk and beads makes a perfect gift for yourself or your loved ones. Eco-friendly & 100% handcrafted in a home with lots of love and care.
Shiva is one-third of the Hindu trinity including Brahma and Vishnu, the three main gods in Hinduism and embodies the role of the destroyer God because he removes all evil from the world. His wife is the goddess Parvati and two sons Kartikeya & Ganesha. According to Hindu legend, he has a blue neck because he swallowed a poison in order to save the universe.
Fun facts about Shiva:
1. From Mahadev, Neelkantha and Shiva to Mahakaal, Shrikanth, Triolokesh, Lord Shiva has more than 108 names. Interestingly, each of his names highlights a special attribute or a quality or a mythological event
2. The three horizontal lines of ash on Lord Shiva’s forehead refer to the destruction of the three worlds. Another attribute that sets lord Shiva apart is the presence of the third eye on his forehead which represents the future. Therefore He is viewed as the Lord of all– past, present and future. Two eyes stand for sun and moon, the third eye stands fo Agni or fire
3. Lord Shiva is often represented with a snake named Vasuki, coiled around his neck that shows that he is immune to the wrath of time and death. They also represent dormant energy known as Kundalini Shakti that resides within him and that he controls death and fear
4. A crescent moon adorns his hair as Holy River Ganga flows out from his head. The cresent moon represents the time cycle
5. in many depictions he’s seen to be wearing Rudraksha on his head, neck, arms/hands. The term “Rudraksha” itself symbolizes Lord Shiva. “Rudra” stands for Lord Shiva and “Aksha” for Shiva´s tears that dribbled down His cheeks after he returned from his deep meditational state and are said to contain the secret of evolution of entire universe
Although Shiva is inextricably linked to Hinduism, his faithful devotees can be found in large communities in Sri Lanka, Indonesia, Japan, and as far-flung as South Africa – even Guyana in South America. With mass immigration in the modern age, large Shaivistic communities are present in the UK and the US
Made of material consciously procured from select stock fabric overruns, this creation has helped reduce manufacturing pressure on our beautiful planet earth!
Part of the Amaryn collection and handcrafted with love by underprivileged women upskilled by SVATANYA. By buying it, you become a part of SVATANYA family and contribute towards the cause of helping marginalized women get financially empowered.
Material : Felt, Cotton, Silk, Beads, recycled fiber fill
Size : 8.5" Height
Care: Gently hand wash separately.